On November 30th, FFLG will be celebrating Giving Tuesday. We have set ourselves a humble goal to provide 20,000 extra meals for those who need it most. The spirit of Thanksgiving is to express your gratitude for your own blessings and to reach out to the less fortunate. You can show your thanks this holiday season by inviting the whole family and friends to give and spread kindness.
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of radical generosity. GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Since then, it has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
Whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving some of what we have to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts, and everyone has something to give.
Show Your Generosity:
There are so many ways you can give back to your community this Giving Tuesday:
- Give to the organizations that you love most – no amount is too little and nonprofits need your support.
- Start your own Facebook fundraiser: If 100 people each raised $100, we would complete our goal of providing 20,000 extra meals on Giving Tuesday. Connect with your friends and family this holiday season! Learn more about starting a fundraiser here.
- Advocate for the animals and a plantbased diet here
- Start a fundraiser at school: You are never too young to get involved in your community! Some easy ways for students to start a fundraiser include bake sales, raffles, car washes, and teaming up with the local vegan restaurant or grocery store. Most of the time, students can receive credit for volunteer service and fundraising. Check with your school to see if this applies.
- Support your local community pantry by volunteering or donating vegan goods
- Help out small businesses by buying gift cards or writing an online review.
- Combat loneliness by reaching out to a neighbor, relative, seniors or veterans. A smile is sometimes the most valuable thing you can give someone!
If you would like to help us reach our goal of 20,000 extra meals, please click here to donate.