When you want to enjoy a delicious, easy meal, this easy porridge is the perfect go-to. It’s especially delicious as a quick breakfast but can be enjoyed any time of the day.
For an extra easy option, mix the ingredients directly into a glass jar with a lid you can seal. When your oats are ready, enjoy spooning them straight out of the jar!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
1 Combine: Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt. Cook potatoes until soft (this will take 15-25 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes).
2. Refrigerate: Overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours.
3. Add Toppings: Add the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
– 1 tbl peanut butter
– 2 tbl maple syrup
– nuts/seeds like walnuts or sunflower seeds
– fresh fruit like blueberries or bananas
– 1 tbl jam or jelly
– Oats are typically steamed and then rolled. Rolled oats are steamed for a shorter period of time than quick oats giving them a firmer, chewy texture.
– For a firmer texture in this recipe, use rolled oats. For a softer texture, use quick oats.
– Steel-cut oats are not recommended for this overnight recipe.