Today, we celebrate the WORLD FOOD DAY, the theme for this year’s event has not been revealed yet, but it is sure to be a day to remember. Last year’s theme was ‘Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow’, and this year’s event is sure to be just as impactful. With a focus on production and consumption of safe food, the World Food Day 2022 is sure to benefit people, economies, and planets alike.
World Hunger Facts
- More than 785 million people were chronically undernourished in 2015, and the number is only rising.
- Nearly 99% of undernourished people reside in developing nations.
- About 60% of the hungry people in the world are women.
- About one in five births happens without a skilled birth attendant.
- Every year, close to 20 million babies are born with low birth weight. The vast majority of these infants – 96.5% – are born in developing countries.
- Approximately half of all deaths in children worldwide are attributable to malnutrition.
a lot of people in the world are missing something to eat, but you have something that they need right now.
Food For Life Global has been active in providing food relief around the world for nearly 4 decades. World Food Day, on October 16th, is a day to spread awareness and take action to end hunger. This year, FFLG is partnering with the Giving Blocks – an organization that allows people to donate cryptocurrency to charities of their choice – to provide blockchain-based donations for World Food Day. Donating through Giving Blocks allows donors to remain anonymous and provides transparent tracking of where donations go.
Why Donate Crypto to Food For Life Global
Simply because we are the most cost-efficient food relief network in the world.
Your donation will support the important work of Food for Life Global to serve its international network of over 250 affiliates in 65 countries, including Ukraine, where we have 3 active projects serving thousands of meals daily.
Only with your support in the form of financial or food donations can we continue to support those most in need in the poorest communities. Food for Life Global is a 501(c) (3) charitable organization, EIN 36-4887167.
All donations are deemed tax-deductible absent any limitations on deductibility applicable to a particular taxpayer. No goods or services are provided in exchange for contributions.
We are fortunate to have the chance to make a difference, but we need your help. We hope that your wallet is ready because we’re doing our part to help feed people around the world. Help us to make an impact by donating in the giving block!