Whether you help at our sanctuary located in the magic Andes Mountains in South America, or you help our project from the comfort of your home, you’ll make a real difference in the lives of homeless animals, meet others who love animals, and have lots of fun!
On any farm, there is always work to do, and our sanctuary is no different. Volunteers can come here for a day or even stay a few days in our guest room (with an approved booking) and help us with the daily duties of maintaining our farm and caring for the animals. You can learn so much on the job and our expert animal caretaker, Ekala will be happy to share his animal care wisdom.
Immerse in the culture and way of life in Colombia while helping rescued animals at an animal sanctuary, one of two located in South America. Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary – Food Yoga Academy is an all-vegan sanctuary offering courses in Spanish, vegan cooking, food yoga, and spirituality. This animal sanctuary is the place to visit for those who want to experience a lovely part of Colombia in the Andes Mountains, living among rescued animals and friendly people.
- Must be 18 years or over
- Pay your own ticket
- Able to carry out tasks of a physical nature
- Reliable, honest, and hard working
- A love for animals
- A commitment to the principles of Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary
- References from organizations you have volunteered for before
Duties may include:
- Cleaning out kitty litter trays & bedding; poo patrol
- Raking – keeping all pathways clear & presentable
- Sorting & assisting with feeding as required
- Feeding the animals
- Cleaning the animal shelters
- Collecting cow manure
- Working in the organic garden
- Fixing fences
- Playing with the dogs
- Walking the dogs
- Brushing the animals
- Socializing – on an ad hoc basis with new residents as required If you are interested in joining our team of regularly committed volunteers, we would dearly love to hear from you.
Please email details of your availability & express your interest to EMAIL HERE
1-2 Week, 2-4 Week
Program Fees Include:
We have two guest rooms, both with private bathrooms, available for our volunteers and guests.
Contains a new single bed, dresser, hanging racks and is approximately 120 sq feet. It is ready to use.
Contains a double bunk bed and is 80 sq feet. Available in May.
Both rooms are located on the back side of the house, close to the dogs , good light and nice place (beds are new)
IMPORTANT: Before booking, please confirm availability of the dates
Prices and Plans
BASIC PLAN: $25 per day (per person) includes private room with shower
STANDARD PLAN: $35 per day (per person) includes private room with shower and a vegan breakfast
PREMIUM PLAN: $45 per day (per person) includes private room with shower and a vegan breakfast & dinner
SPANISH IMMERSION PLAN: $65 per day (per person) includes private room with shower and a vegan breakfast, dinner and Spanish immersion with structured lessons.
You will have access to all the house, including kitchen to make things for yourself. The kitchen is fully equipped.
Remote Volunteer Opportunity
- We need graphic designers and people who know how to create nice videos.
- We need someone who can help us reach more people with our message so our work can be known everywhere in the world.
You can help from your place our project and help us to help more
- Make a tax-deductible donation
- Sign up as a regular donor or sponsor an animal and encourage your friends to do the same
- Donate in memory of a loved one
- Celebrate your birthday, wedding or another special day by asking your friends and loved ones to sponsor an amazing animal in your name.
- Give to Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary as gifts to others.
- Have your workplace sponsor our lovely animals. Each team or unit could choose a different Animal
- Collect spare change at home or work
- Collect spare change in your home, eg. create a swear jar.
- Keep a Juliana’s Animal Sanctuary collection tin in your workplace or business.
- Ask a business you know to keep a collection tin in their shop. (They will need to complete a short Collection Tin agreement).
- Create your own raffle and sell tickets at work or at your fundraising events.
Host your own fundraiser
Hosting a fundraising event is a great way to raise money. Get together with your friends, family or work colleagues and host a:
- Cocktail party, dinner, vegan BBQ or food and wine tasting – whatever you and your friends enjoy.
- Movie screening, or games or trivia night. (You could even add a raffle or silent auction to any of these proceedings.)
- Hold a vegan bake sale
- Hold an art/photographic exhibition
- Hold a cruelty-free cooking competition, like master chef
- Hold a party night and sell cruelty-free products
- Participate in a challenge
- Create your own fundraising page to raise funds with the help of your friends through e-mail and your social networks. Ask them to sponsor you for participating in a challenge, some ideas include:
- A physical challenge such as a marathon, walkathon (with your pets), danceathon or ride-a-thon – join a public event or create your own with some friends.
- Give up something for a month and donate the money saved. Ask others to join in and give up their morning soy latte, for example.
- Find people to sponsor you to shave your head or dye your hair a bright color.
- Hold a movie or dance night.
- Have a free dress day.
- Hold a fashion show with clothes donated from your parent’s wardrobe (with their permission, of course!)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CONTACT US NOW!
Leave a Reply