12 day Nepal Adventure with the Food Yogi April 3 – 14
- 5 days of incredible Himalayan trekking in the Annapurnas
- Rafting on the Trishuli River w/ overnight camping
- All Vegan meals
- Vegan snacks for the hikes
- Kirtans on the holy river banks
- Yoga/meditation sessions
- Seminars on Food Yoga and connecting with the 5 elements
- Introduction to Reiki healing for humans and animals
- Angel therapy
- Aromatherapy basics
- Explore the amazing UNESCO architectural wonders of the Kathmandu Valley
- Boat ride on Lake Phewa
We greet you upon arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Nepal and transfer you to a nearby hotel. There will be an evening orientation meeting, followed by a Yoga and Meditation class led by Paul. Stay overnight at a hotel.
Day 02: EARTH
Morning Yoga class, then after breakfast we will visit UNESCO world heritage sites in the Kathmandu Valley, including the Syambhunath, also known as “Monkey Temple” – one of the oldest Buddhist Stupas in the Valley and the Bhaktapur Durbar Square to connect with the element of EARTH, by experiencing one of the finest examples in the world of metal, wood and stone carving (dating back to the 13th century). We will then drive back and stay overnight at the hotel. Dinner and introduction to Food Yoga by Paul.
Day 03: WATER
Morning Yoga class, then after breakfast we will take a 3-hour drive to the Trishuli River an enjoy connecting to the element of WATER by white water rafting in the Himalayas! Once we reach the riverbank we will be briefed about rafting safety and then raft for 3 hours! We’ll take a break for a picnic lunch and then continue rafting or relaxing for another hour on the riverbank. We will then camp in tents by the riverside and enjoy a vegan BBQ cooked by Paul & Juliana in the evening with a campfire and music. Those that don’t want to join the rafting have the option of going to the riverbank camp earlier to swim, rest and relax until the group arrives.
Day 04: BREAKFAST ON THE RIVERBANK
After breakfast on the riverbank, we will drive 4 hours by private van/bus to Pokhara, staying overnight in this beautiful lakeside town. The afternoon is free.
Day 05: SPECTACULAR VIEWS
After breakfast, we will drive 1.5 hours from Pokhara to Nayapul and begin a picturesque 4-hour trek to Tikhedhunga/Ulleri and then stay overnight at a simple Guest House some 1600 m. above sea level. The trek will include breaks for Yoga and Meditation.
Day 06: EXOTIC JUNGLES
After breakfast, we will trek 5 to 6 hours to Ghorepani, walking through lovely traditional villages and exotic jungles. We will stay overnight at a simple Guest House, some 2775m above sea level.
Day 07: FIRE & AIR
Enjoy an early morning hike to the majestic Poonhill to watch the sunrise and mountain view. Paul will teach the 2600-year-old tradition of sungazing and how to infuse the body with FIRE energy. On a clear day, we will have a panoramic and close-up view of 10 different Himalaya peaks. So have your camera ready! We will then trek back to Ghorepani for breakfast and then trek 5-6 hours to Tadapani through wild and exotic forests, while Paul & Juliana teach us how to connect with the element of AIR, including an introduction to Aromatherapy. We will stay overnight at a simple Guest House.
Day 08: ETHER
After a hearty breakfast, we will trek down to Chomorong – a beautiful Gurung Village and either stay there or walk down to Jhihu for a natural hot spring bath. We will then stay overnight in a simple Guest House. Evening talk on “Intention” and the Food Yoga Offering meditation by Paul and introduction to Reiki healing for humans and pets by Juliana.
Day 09: SPIRIT
After breakfast, we will trek to Syaulibazzar and then to Nayapul and then drive back to Pokhara by van or bus and stay overnight at a local hotel. Evening talk on the 5 Noble Truths by Paul and Angel Therapy by Juliana. Everyone will get a signed copy of The 5 Noble Truths from Paul.
Day 10: ADVENTURE
A relaxing day to do sightseeing (optional) or boating on the Phewa Lake of Pokhara. Then an evening stroll around lakeside town, before staying overnight at a local hotel. On this day, you can do laundry, paragliding, or even zip-lining if you want.
Day 11: SHOPPING
After breakfast, we will drive back (or fly for an additional $122 USD) to Kathmandu and then enjoy a shopping spree and a traditional Nepalese cultural show and dinner in evening.
After breakfast, you will be shuttled to the Airport for your departure home.
Kathmandu – Thamel Eco Resort
Pokhara – Pokhara Eco Resort or similar
Simple family run lodges during the trek
Private accommodation is $295 extra. We can match you with a roommate if possible.
Note: Even with a single supplement you still might have to share a room for 2 – 3 days of the trek due to limited facilities in some lodges.
- Airport pickup & drop services
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara (3-star category by Nepalese standard) in twin sharing room on a bed and breakfast basis
- Insurance, all meals, accommodation and other expenses of trekking crew (guide and porters).
- Simple tea-house lodge accommodation with 3 meals daily during the trek.
- Necessary trek permit and national park fee
- Farewell dinner with cultural programs
- Transportation by tourist bus Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu and Pokhara-Nayapul-Pokhara
- Himalayan white water rafting for 1 night 2 days
- Boat ride in Phewa lake Pokhara
Cost Does Not Include:
- International flight
- Personal equipment and clothing
- Nepal Visa fee, travel insurance, tips to guide and porters, monument entry fee in Kathmandu (about $40)
- Snacks, water and drinks during trek
- All personal expenses, expenses raised by those events which are not under our control.
Questions and Answers about your trip to Nepal
Like flights, luggage, visa, vaccinations, etc. read here
We look forward to sharing an incredible Himalayan adventure with you!